Hyderabadi BiryaniJanuary 15, 2020
Best Rice Mills in PakistanFebruary 7, 2020
Mutton Yakhni Pulao
mazing blend of energy and full yummy taste is now in the shape of Mutton Yakhni Puloaw. Yet simple but fully delicious dish to server your guests.
Ingredients of Mutton Yakhni Pulao
- For the mutton :
- 1 kg mutton, cut into pieces
- 2 Tbsp coriander seeds
- 1 onion, roughly chopped
- 2 inch piece of ginger
- 12 cloves of garlic
- 2 bay leaves
- 4-5 green cardamoms
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 6-7 cloves water
- For the pulao :
- 3-4 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 bay leaves
- 6-7 cloves
- 4-5 cinnamon sticks
- 4-5 green cardamom
- 7-8 onions, thinly sliced length-wise
- 2 heaped Tbsp ground ginger
- 4 heaped Tbsp ground garlic
- 1 grated nutmeg
- 1 tsp cinnamon powder
- 2 cups of basmati rice
- 4 cups of mutton stock
- Salt, to taste
How to Cook?
- For the mutton:
- Tie up the onion and all the spices into a small cloth (potli) and cook it with the meat. Add enough water.
- For the pulao:
- Heat the oil in a heavy-bottomed vessel. Add the whole spices to it.
- Once they start spluttering, add the onions. Fry till they turn golden brown in color.
- Add ginger and garlic and stir for some time.
- Add nutmeg and cinnamon powder and mix well.
- Mix in the cooked mutton and the rice.
- Sprinkle salt over it and continue to stir.
- Add the mutton stock and mix well.
- Cover it with a heavy lid to prevent the steam from escaping.
- Cook on low heat for about 15-20 minutes.
- Serve hot with raita or chutney.