Mutton Yakhni PulaowJanuary 18, 2020
Chicken Dum Biryani
great Mughalai dish, Biryani is a sweet fragnant delight adored by all. This dum biryani formula is a lavish chicken biryani that is cooked with most extreme exactness that you will undoubtedly make this dish over and over to savor the fragile flavors. A brisk and simple home made biryani is something you can't get away.
Ingredients of Chicken Dum Biryani
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- 2 tsp ginger garllic paste
- 1/2 cup yogurt
- 1/2 tsp turmeric pwoder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp garam masala powder
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
For the rice:
- A pinch of saffron
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 cups water
- 5 cardamoms
- 3 cloves
- 1 stick cinnamon
- 2 mace
- 2 black cardamom
- 5 black peppercorn
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup rice (long grain, washed basmati rice)
For the finishing:
- 1 tbsp ghee
- 1 tbsp coriander leaves, chopped
- 2 tbsp fried onion
- 3 almonds, chopped
How to Make Chicken Dum Biryani
- First mix the saffron in half a cup of milk and keep aside.
- Now in a bowl, add all the marination ingredients and coat the chicken pieces well with it. Let it marinate for about 4 hours.
- Now to prepare the rice, put all the ingredients given except saffron and milk, in warm water along with washed rice.
- Cook for 10-15 minutes.
- Heat some ghee in a pan and add all the marinated chicken followed by cooked rice in it. Top with saffron milk, coriander leaves, fried onion and chopped almonds. Mix well.
- Let it cook on a low heat (on dum, in it's own heat) covered with foil for about 20-30 minutes (till the water evaporates and chicken and rice are fully cooked).
- Open the dum when cooked, mix the rice well. You can drizzle with some rose water and serve hot.